Dubai Cares are pleased to announce it is re-launching Volunteer Emirates in October 2011, as part of the philanthropic organization’s efforts to mobilize UAE residents and various sectors (i.e. business, government and cultural) in support initiatives aimed at communities here at home.
Volunteer Emirates 2011 offers residents in the UAE the opportunity to support non-profit schools in the UAE. This year, Dubai Cares is supporting a non-profit school in Ajman and invites volunteers to help create a more child friendly school environment.
Volunteers will be needed to help with the following activities: Playground renovation, landscaping, installing doors & windows, painting & creating murals on playground walls, etc. The program is scheduled to run on 2 Saturday’s: October 22 and October 29 (From 8AM to 2PM).
To be considered in this unique initiative, all you have to do is correctly answer 3 of the 5 questions in part A and the question in part B. Based on our needs-assessment of the chosen school, we need only 50 volunteers per trip. So hurry up and send us your answers! (STRICTLY 18+)
- Part A:
- In how many countries is Dubai Cares implementing comprehensive primary education programs that are reaching 5 million beneficiaries?
- Which UN Millennium Development Goals is Dubai Cares supporting?
- Which award did Dubai Cares win under the category of Company of the Year in the Non-Profit or Government Organization?
- What are the four main components of Dubai Cares primary education programs?
- How many program partners does Dubai Cares have?
- Part B:
- Why should Dubai Cares choose you as a volunteer?
Please email your answers to email@example.com by Monday October 17. Selected volunteers will be informed on Wednesday October 19.
Read more on Dubai Cares website.